Wednesday, February 15th, 6-8PM
(Intel) Air Quality Advisory Committee meeting
Event Room (2nd floor)
Hillsboro Library – Main Branch
2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy, Hillsboro, 97124
Monday, April 24th
WC CAN Board meeting
Time and location TBD
Major activities (January 2011-July 2012)
- Held Citizen Summits in March 2011 and February 2012, setting goals, priorties, mission, and directions for the organization.
- Incorporated as non-profit for public benefit with the State of Oregon, June 2011.
- Promoting and showing up for participantsí hearings and events. (ongoing)
- Supporting public engagement by our participants on County and regional advisory committees, a recall, and in elections.
- Sharing information and building capacity via email and the web site.
- Endorsing and supporting candidates for State, regional, and local offices
who share our goals for and commitments
to Washington County communities, and showing the skills needed to be effective in acting on them.
- Effectively support participating groups by
- sharing information,
- publicizing hearings and events,
- facilitating contacts with resources and media, and
- co-sponsoring events and programs.
- Oppose projects that encourage urban sprawl or otherwise threaten our environment, livability, safety, health, or sustainability.
- Work with, monitor, and influence key County officials, bodies, and committees on matters of common concern, including
- land use ordinances,
- transportation plans and projects,
- livable solutions to issues of urban unincorporated areas, and
- affordable housing issues.
- Endorse and work for like-minded candidates for local, county, regional and state offices.
- Educate and empower young people, minorities and others toward more active participation in civic life.
- Continue to support economic-, food-, and energy-independence initiatives.
- Support community-centered uses of public property and public resources.
- Encourage future leadership by activists committed to our goals.